Community vote for fund 9 to determine budget weightings of the funding categories
Funding categories budget weighting vote
This is a fund 9 vote for setting the budgets of the funding categories that are being proposed for fund 10.
Question - What percentage should be allocated to each of the funding categories for the next funding round?
Important notes & rules
- Only add whole numbers, no decimals or other characters
- The total for all categories MUST add up to exactly 100.
- Each category cannot have an allocation below 3%. This is to ensure every category has at least some funding as categories have been created to cover all forms of ideas and innovation.
- Voters can only vote once.
- Casted votes that do not follow the above guide will have ALL votes attached to that voter ID discarded.
Answer options - Attach a percentage weighting to the following categories. The total must add up to 100%, please check your math.
- Community & Outreach
- Products & Integrations
- Governance & Identity
- Development & Infrastructure
- Small & Early Stage Ideas
- Catalyst Contributors
- Infrastructure Contributors
The total funding amount for fund 9 is 12,800,000 ADA. Some example percentage values to consider:
1% - 128,000 ADA
2% - 256,000 ADA
3% - 384,000 ADA
5% - 640,000 ADA
10% - 1,280,000 ADA
Applying some percentages to each category that add up to 100% produces the following example:
NOTE: The amounts in the example above would then need to be rounded to the closest 25,000 ADA. This is currently a required part of the funding process.
- Voter power - 1 person 1 vote.
- Weighted outcome - The outcome from the vote is based on weightings. Values will be aggregated from every vote to work out the final value for each category.
- Rounded outcome - The final values will be rounded to the nearest whole number. For example, 24.64 would be rounded to a 25% allocation. The total weightings together will equal 100%.