Community vote for fund 8 to determine budget weightings of the funding categories
COMPLETED - The vote has been completed and the voting results have been recorded and shared with the community.
This is a fund 8 vote for setting the budgets of the funding categories that have been proposed in the fund 9 challenge setting.
The following is the two budget weighting decisions for this community vote.
Question - What percentage should the total allocation be for all of the submitted funding categories be out of the total funding available for fund 9?
The remaining percentage would be what is available for other challenge setting proposals. For example 80% allocation to funding categories would mean 20% allocation for other challenge settings.
If the fund 9 total budget was $32 million and the community voted for 70% total allocation then this would mean:
- $22,400,000 of funding to be spread between the 7 funding categories
- $9,600,000 Million of funding to be spread between the other challenge settings
- Voter power - 1 person 1 vote.
- Weighted outcome - The outcome from the vote is based on weightings and not the highest voted item. For instance if there was only a mix between 60% and 100% votes the outcome would move closer to 80%.
- Rounded outcome - The outcome will be rounded to the nearest 10% for increased simplicity. If the result value sits exactly in the middle such as 75 we will round down to 70 rather than up. Any amount above the middle number will be rounded up.
Question - What percentage should be allocated to each of the funding categories?
Minimum category percentage
- The categories have been created to cover all forms of ideas and innovation.
- A minimum percentage of 4% is applied to each category so to ensure every category has some funding.
- There are 7 categories each with a minimum of 4% allocation meaning a minimum of 28% will be distributed between the seven categories.
- The remaining 72% is split based on the vote. The maximum allocation a category could receive is therefore 76%.
Answer options - Attach a percentage weighting to the following categories. The total must add up to 100%. Please check your math - misallocations below or above this will be discarded.
- Community & Outreach
- Products & Integrations
- Governance & Identity
- Development & Infrastructure
- Catalyst Contributors
- Infrastructure Contributors
- Small & Early Stage Ideas
If the total funding allocation was $22,400,000, as per this first decision example, then if we apply following percentage examples to each category it would yield the following result:
Category Budget Allocated
Community & Outreach
Products & Integrations
Governance & Identity
Development & Infrastructure
Small & Early Stage Ideas
NOTE: The above example amounts would be rounded to the closest $25,000 as this is required in the funding process.
- Voter power - 1 person 1 vote.
- Weighted outcome - The outcome from the vote is based on weightings. The values will be aggregated from every vote to work out the final values for each category.
- Rounded outcome - The final values will be rounded to the nearest whole number. For example, 24.64 would be rounded to a 25% allocation. The total weightings together will equal 100%.